I have a week ahead of me where I can already feel the energy turn up, up up. I can already feelthe itch to move. It is that sort of week ahead of me. Hence my short message and hence sending this late on a Monday (hopefully you are sleeping!)....BUT sharing my mantra for the week.
SIT. STAY. BE NICE.
Sounds rather simple, right? Not for me. The hardest part for me is the STAY part. Sure I can sit, sure I can be nice -- but the STAY (no way!) -- I mean YES, WAY! challenge accepted.
I commit to sitting for 5 minutes 4x this week. That is my goal and I hope you hold me accountable! Will be sharing on my IG stories my progress.
A few tips to help you sit, stay and be nice.
Because Meditation is NOT easy, my friends!
MY MEDICINE FOR MEDITATION PRACTICE
1) Find a comfortable seat or lay down
2) Start by just being a witness to your breath and notice where you are at today (where are you emotionally? how do you feel?)
3) Bring your attention back to your breath and literally watch your inhales and your exhales
4) I like to pick a spot in my body ( nose, belly, heart) and tune into the sensation there - notice for a few rounds, then move on
5) Then this is the hard part -- when your mind starts to wander (which it will - what am I doing later? What is for dinner? Do I need a haircut? Etc, Etc) - return to the breath.
6) over + over again
Accept whatever arises, be good to that thought, let it pass, come back to the breath. Build up your mindfulness tool
And I personally love to end my mediation practice with a little positive affirmation. Anything positive.
▽ AFFIRM IT ▽
I am giving myself to the practice of stay with what is, accepting with what comes up and receiving all the benefits of STAYING.